Baseball OR Commercialization??
Greeting on this last day of August. What a wonderful summer it has been....warm, sunny and just enough rain to keep things green. It sure has been a summer to remember for Brewer fans as well. After yesterdays loss to the Cardinals, they find themselves with a 9.5 game lead. While listening to a game last week, I found myself asking the question: Is this a Brewer game I'm listening to, or commercial with a little baseball mixed in??? Let's see...we have:
* The field & game conditions brought to you by Fields Automotive.
* Todays umpires brought to you by someone.
* A "KwikTrip trip to the mound".
* The U.S. Cellular "Call to the bullpen"
* The U.S. Cellular "Text to the Booth".
* The Brewers are looking for some Badger Mutual "Insurance Runs".
* The Brewers have scored the George Webb "Burger Run" where you get 6 hamburgers for $5.
* The Chevy Dealers "Star of the Game".
All this PLUS a little baseball mixed in!!! If you're a Brewer fan you know what I'm talking about. The good news is, it's been a heck of a ride so far. But as much as all the advertizing bugs me, it's nowhere near the pain I feel when watching the game on FSN. If you're an exectutive for the network, listen up. PLEASE, PLEASE GET RID OF THAT FOXTRAK STRIKE ZONE BOX IN THE LOWER RIGHT SIDE OF MY SCREEN. IT'S ONLY RIGHT HALF THE TIME!!! THANK YOU!!!!
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : Sports